As I mentioned back when I participated in Muzzleland Press’ “Creature-Feature Conversations” blog series, Italian director Lucio Fulci is my No.1 favorite filmmaker of all time. His gruesome and surreal horror films, bearing such lurid titles as The Gates of Hell, The Beyond, and House by the Cemetery, capture a kind of hazy, nebulous nightmare logic that is, to my mind, utterly one of a kind.
Having said that, you better believe that when editors Perry Ruhland and Astrid Rose invited me to contribute to their new project, a Lucio Fulci tribute anthology called Beyond the Book of Eibon, I RSVP’d immediately.
I’m not alone, either. Below, you’ll find a tentative list of contributors, which I’m sure will eager to pony up your hard-earned moolah for a copy all your own. Well, don’t you fret; even though Beyond the Book of Eibon isn’t out yet, you can ensure you’re one of the first people to get their hands on it by backing the crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter! C’mon, you know you want to.
- Adam Cesare (Clown in a Cornfield, Video Night)
- Gemma Files (Experimental Film, The Hexslinger trilogy)
- Orrin Grey (Guignol and Other Sardonic Tales, Painted Monsters and Other Strange Beasts)
- Michael Hoarty (Akashic Imprint Oddities, The Bodies Bear Traces of Parasitic Infection forthcoming)
- H.K. Lovejoy (Funerary artist, The Black in Between forthcoming)
- Kai Perrignon (Static Vision, The Melbourne International Film Festival)
- Jonathan Raab (The Hillbilly Moonshine Massacre, Camp Ghoul Mountain Part VI: The Official Novelization)
- Perry Ruhland (The Last Nautilean & Other Seaside Phantasmagoria, Sungazer)
- Zin E. Rocklyn (Nox Pareidolia, Flowers for the Sea forthcoming)
- Astrid Rose (Morbid Tales: An Anthology of Weird Fiction, Bullet Points Monthly)
- Matt Serafini (Rites of Extinction, Under the Blade)
- Christopher Slatsky (Alectryomancer and Other Weird Tales, The Immeasurable Corpse of Nature)
- William Tea (Mannequin: Tales of Wood Made Flesh, In Stefan’s House: A Weird Fiction Tribute to Stefan Grabiński)
- Mike Thorn (Darkest Hours, Shelter for the Damned forthcoming)
- Mer Whinery (Trade Yer Coffin for a Gun, The Little Dixie Horror Show)